Of course, you also need to set up your environment variables as per usual so that the tools can access your keys.
$ sudo perl -pi -e 's%(universe)$%$1 multiverse%' /etc/apt/sources.list
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install ec2-ami-tools
Sunday, December 12, 2010
Installing Amazon EC2 tools on Ubuntu 10.04
The Amazon EC2 ami and api tool packages are not found by apt-get using the default sources list. You need to add 'multiverse' to the list. Here is how you install the tools:
Archive of Tips
- ► 2013 (26)
- ► 2012 (28)
- ► 2011 (44)
- MySQL Data export/import probelm with SQL SECURITY...
- Installing Amazon EC2 tools on Ubuntu 10.04
- Using Bundler with a non-Rails Ruby project
- Deleteing a file with a name that starts with a hy...
- Using Opscode Chef to start up a node on AWS EC2 -...
- System-wide rvm install on Ubuntu
- ▼ December (7)
- ► 2009 (53)
- ► 2008 (21)